It’s a basic human activity – pee & poo.
I’m not interested in lecturing but there are a few obvious things I’d like to point out:
- we die if we run out of water
- in many parts of the world we’re running out of water
- we use multi billions of litres of fresh drinking water a day to flush pee and poo away
- there are alternatives to flushing toilets
- the alternatives aren’t all yukky
- we can all explore getting some form of non flushing/ dry system toilet and make a huge difference to our water usage and bills as well as total water consumption
I did some research this morning for a friend who has just bought a home in California. She and her husband are interested in a compost toilet in the house but don’t know what their options are at the moment.
I’m no expert but there’s a pile of information online and I gathered some of it to share.
There’s a classic book called the Humanure Handbook that I know many of you will refer to – here’s their site